Who we are?
The Centre of Continuing Education Technical University of Liberec was established in 1994, as a special President’s department. The Centre focused on providing complementary, expanding and specialized education. The teaching is provided by highly qualified experts and takes place in modern classrooms. Currently, more than 360 participants study accredited DVPP courses and 650 seniors attend courses of University of the Third Age. The centre is also investigator of several projects focusing on lifelong learning.
What are the main objectives of the centre?
- develop, coordinate and organize activities in the field of lifelong learning
- provide information and methodologies in the field of lifelong learning
- offer high-quality educational activities to those interested in lifelong learning
What we offer?
- Accredited courses of continuing professional development for pedagogical staff
- University of the Third Age
- Courses for employees and students of TUL
Accredited courses for pedagogical staff
We offer 7 accredited educational programs focused on continuing professional development of pedagogical staff. These include, for example, studies for teachers, guidance counsellors, educator or special pedagogues. The aim of educational programs is to supplement or increase the qualifications of pedagogical staff at nursery, primary, secondary and higher education institutions.
Offer of accredited courses:
- Special pedagogy
- Special pedagogy for nursery teachers
- Study of pedagogy for teachers
- Study for guidance counsellors
- Study in the field of pedagogical sciences – teacher
- Study in the field of pedagogical sciences – educator
- Course for university pedagogues
University of the Third Age
University of the Third Age offers interesting courses on technical, natural, historical and artistic topics. The courses are aimed at citizens over 50 years of age with completed secondary school education. The study is realized in the form of comprehensive study programs. Seminars are held once a week in a 90-minute block for 14 weeks in each semester. Students are provided with study materials in printed or electronic form. We currently offer over 50 courses in 6 study programs. Currently, more than 650 seniors attend these courses.
Offer of comprehensive study programs U3V TUL:
- Basics of language literacy (Aj, Nj, Fj, It, Šp)
- Fundamentals of computer literacy (PC basics, Internet, digital photography, video…)
- Cultural history (music, Czech and world history, literature, visual arts, religion, mythology…)
- Art in theory and practice (drawing, graphics, painting, ceramics, aesthetics…)
- Natural cycle (water – the basis of life, plastics and natural materials, mineralogy, nanomaterials, polymers, physics…)
- Physical activities (health exercises, self-defense…)
Courses for staff
We offer university staff foreign language courses as a part of so called Internal Language School. English, German, French, Spanish and Italian courses are offered. Newly, have opportunity to attend also Japanese courses. The pedagogical staff and doctoral students have the opportunity to attend specialized courses aimed at increase the pedagogical skills of university teachers.
The Centre of Continuing Education is a solver of a number of projects focused on the field of lifelong learning. For example, the Current Literacy Course project has developed a three-semester course aimed at updating the knowledge and skills of the middle age generation in media, social, language, computer, financial and civic literacy. The Centre focused also on the activities of guidance counsellors (EDUPROB) and enhancement of language skills of university employees (the TULEN project).
The following projects were implemented in cooperation with the foreign universities:
- 2010-2011 ERDF project, Objective 3. 01/070510/CZ.4/2/02 – Cross-border education of seniors (in cooperation with HS Zittau/Görlitz)
- 2011-2013 cross-border project Grundtvig, 11Pp.GRU-013 – More than neighbours (in cooperation with 6 European countries)
- 2014-2017 cross-border project ERASMUS PLUS, 2014-1-DE02-KA204-001385 – Ältere bauen mit Jüngeren Brücken für Europa (in cooperation with 4 European countries)
Technical University of Liberec
The Centre of Continuing Education
461 17 Liberec
The Director of The Centre of Continuing Education
Mgr. Jitka Pacltová
+420 485 352 608
+420 736 110 643